AnCap Entrepreneur Network - Rough Plan
Submitted by Mark on Tue, 2009-03-17 08:56
This is the start of my brainstorming, so I'll leave this as bulleted items with minimal explanation.
- Social networking site - Members' contact info and business skills, member blogs, wiki, private conversations, shared documents. Partner with similar site to leverage hosting and development?
- Research program for business models and background info - submit to Libertarian Papers?
- Conferences - Piggy-back on existing conference. Session track at Austrian Scholar's Conference? Other conferences to get geographic/ideological/seasonal spread? Additional smaller, more frequent, less formal meetups?
- Funding - What model to use: donations in kind (open source)/financial donation/subscription/advertising/pay-per services/paper topic "bounties" (perhaps awarded as prizes at conference and chosen by donors: $300 for best presentation on 'When to Change your Accounting Currency to Gold; a Breakeven Analysis', $100 2nd prize)
- Expenses - Site hosting
- Marketing - Associated projects: LvMI, Free State Project, Freedomain Radio, Seasteading Institute, Global Guerrillas (resilient communities and failed states), Factor e Farm (distributed manufacturing, response to unsustainable social institutions)
- Progression as sector develops - e.g. "Rothbardian Contract Law"
- Theory presentation at conference
- Course on how to create compatible contracts
- Course for mediators/arbitrators (M/A)
- M/A network
- Advertising for M/A organizations
- Feedback from M/A on difficult issues develops theory further
- Contract boilerplate for purchase
- M/A Certification service
- Contract history rating service to certify parties' reputations in honoring contracts